2010-04-23

VACATION... Let's Go to PORTUGAL!

As I posted above, I'm participating in Vacation Cruise organized by my darling blog friend Colleen from ddna. Already we've visited The Netherlands, Italy, Canada and France. Oh, it's so nice to see what everyone shows about their country! :)

Today we have a stop in Portugal. That's my place! So let's go to see a bit of this beautiful country from mine point of view...

What do I really love about Portugal it's NATURE. 
The blue of Sky and Atlantic Ocean changes every time and we can see all tones of this wonderful color's palette...


And flowers!!! Actually they are blooming during all year... but, you are lucky to be here in Spring. In this period of the year they are the most beautiful. And fresh smell of Orange trees rising up throw the air...


Also you can visit The Lisbon Zoo - wonderful place especially if do you come with kiddo.


Did you know that Portuguese people are coffee lovers? Their favorite is Café Espresso, they go to the closest coffee shop a few times per day and almost never drink coffee at home. The cup is very small and coffee is very strong!




Portuguese like to meat friends out of their houses and usually they stay in a coffee shop. There they are watching Football games on TV, drinking bear and eating CARACÕIS (snails) - one of the favorite Portuguese dainty.  
Do you want to try? :)


Portuguese have their own music genre called FADO. The first records of this music was written in the early 19th century, but history says that roots of FADO can find much earlier. In the years of 1840s FADO appeared in Lisbon.
Through centuries Portuguese fadistas sing songs about their hard life, saudades (missing someone or something) and suffering...
On the video you can see one of the most popular Fado singer in nowadays - MARIZA




Portugal is famous with a painted, tin-glazed, Ceramic Tilework AZULEJO. You can find it everywhere - inside and outside, on walls, floors and even ceilings.  
Azulejos are great testimonials of Portuguese history. Like paintings on the walls of caves show us the life of the early civilization, Azulejos show the life of Portuguese people.


Oh boy... I'd show you more and more and more, but don't think you have enough patience to stay here so long :)
Just only one thing - DO NOT GO AWAY FROM LISBON IF YOU DID NOT TRY PASTEIS DE BELÉM! 
Fluffy and creamy custard tarts with some pinch of cinnamon... yummm... 
They bake these amazing cakes almost 200 years there, in Belém. The recipe is created in Monastery by Nuns and bakers are keeping it in big SECRET.


If you are so far away from Lisbon and want a cake here and now, you can get a recipe of Chocolate Coconut Cupcakes with Whipped Cream and Caramel Dressing. Today I'm guest blogger on ddna
  (thank you darling Colleen!!!) and there I've posted one. Also the recipe is available HERE


Voilá! Thats all for today. Can't wait were we will fly tomorrow...


Much love,

10 comments:

  1. Diana! How delightful to vacation with you! Thank you for such a wonderful time in your beautiful Portugal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I am so glad to meet you. You have a lovely internet home. I loved reading about Portugal. I hope to see you in my place, soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Diana, I just popped onto your gorgeous blog through lovely DDNA. So so glad I did. Your blog is awesome, love flowers, love your delicious coffee mosaic, love this post. Off now to read some of your past post. I'm soooo happy to meeting you! Became your newest follower so i don't have to miss your future posts...
    Wishing you a great weekend, with a lot of sunshine! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Diana, just me again, I visited your etsy shop and I just couldn't resist those awesome earrings ... {Had some trouble with the payment through paypal, will try again later} Wow, a true masterpiece! Looking so so forward to wearing your lovelies! Have a happy day! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Diana.................what a beautiful post you make of your country Portugal !!

    Wauwwwwwwwwwww....so much beautiful pictures!!

    I am glad you take me with you around your beautiful country !! i enjoy !!! and i will follow you !! so nice blog you have,..........and what a nice wonderful things you make and sell in your esty shop !! wowwww!!

    Have a happy sunny weekend ...come to visit my blog !! your welcome !! hugs from Ria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love visiting you .....your home is amazing...not to meation those cakes over at Colleens...I so am going to make them...come visit me I have a giveaway I know you will love. I am off to visit some more of your lovely blog...don't you love Colleen...what a great idea she had...Have a great day. xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh Sweet Diana..it was a delightful visit for me today! My days haven't been filled with the usual Joy and Happiness, so when I arrived here and saw all the BEAUTIFUL photos and information, my HEART just naturally LIFTED!

    Thank you so very much for this especially wonderful post! All the gorgeous photography and delicious food..makes me want to visit your lovely country right away!

    Wow..I'm still in such awe over your posting. I'm thinking tonight when my husband gets home, I'll invite him in for a peek at your lovely site!

    I'm heading out to download that Coconut Cupcake recipe. Before going..I want you to know this is possibly one of the BEST Postings I've ever had the pleasure of reading! Thank you again for sharing your sensational country with us. Meant the world to me personally!

    Blessings, Love, Friendship & Friday Sunshine, Terri
    http://www.dimplesdragonflies.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your beautiful photographs and adore the music. No idea what they are singing but it doesn't matter as it is lovely!

    Thank you for making us feel welcome in your little corner of the world!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,my dearest Diana!-)*

    OMG!!!You makes me absolutelly jalous(in the good sense of this word:-)*
    Holiday with you in Portugal,ooooohhhh,now is my dream,darling!!!
    You collages about Portugal are incredibly stunt,really nice,my dear Friend!-)))*

    Thank you SOoooo much for these excited post,Diana!
    Wishing you lovely,lovely,lovely weekend,
    Many hugs luv,
    ***Violetta***

    ReplyDelete
  10. Last year, I saw Mariza in concert in NY and she was amazing! So incredibly talented. I actually blogged about her last month.

    ReplyDelete